This article is a short introduction to the most popular and useful AngularJS plugins, that an angular developer should know. This post is referred to both i.e. those who have started learning angular as well as experienced angular developers.
For angular newbies, an angular plugin is a function that develops additional functionality to your angular application. An angular plugin makes your application clean and easy to maintain. For experienced angular developers, they know it as a directive that behaves the same as above.
I would like to give a real-life example to explore it as If you can imagine your home as an angular application, then you need an electric bulb to lighten your home. So, in the previous context, you can compare that light bulb as an angular plug as it just lights your home. That’s only its functionality.
Introduction to 5 most popular AngularJS plugins
1. Angular Auto Validate:
- In angular application, if you mostly deal with a form i.e. login form, sign up form, contact form, etc. and you always worry about the validation of input by the user, then this plugin is a lifesaver for you.
- Now that you are using auto-validate, you haven’t got to worry about putting your error messages in your HTML or using any angular expressions to show or hide them.
- For more information, https://github.com/jonsamwell/angular-auto-validate and demo refer to http://jonsamwell.github.io/angular-auto-validate/
- If you are dealing with the problem of an auto-complete text box, then this plugin might be useful for this functionality.
- This plugin lets you quickly add auto-complete boxes (for local or remote JSON data) to your pages with no dependency on other libraries. It’s deliberately minimal looking so you can easily customize it with just a few lines of CSS.
- For more information http://github.com/darylrowland/angucomplete and for demo http://darylrowland.github.io/angucomplete
3. Angular Grid:
- If your angular application uses grids to represent data to the client, then this AngularJS plugin might become your favorite of all.
- People use Angular Grid over other free and paid grids because it’s faster, more stable, and better written.
- If you want to make the alert box more interactive and user-friendly, then this plugin is made for this purpose.
- For more information Go to https://github.com/tushariscoolster/ng-sweet-alert and for live demo Go to http://tushariscoolster.github.io/ng-sweet-alert/
- If your angular application deal with a real-time application that requires to keep update users, then this plugin provide a nice way to deal with the notification.
- It requires AngularJS Framework v1.2.6 or higher and angular-animate for the CSS3 transformations.
- For more information Go to https://github.com/jirikavi/AngularJS-Toaster and for a live demo http://plnkr.co/edit/Esrdbl5S6hcmhiVmSjiF?p=preview .
Now, you are familiar with angular most used plugins, you can utilize them in your angular application. My personal opinion is that you should go through the documentation of each plugin so that you can configure it in a more sophisticated way.
If you have any questions and queries in mind then ask in the comment section.
Hope you find it helpful, so don’t forget to share it with friends.