Salesforce is the world’s best Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform which is a flexible and powerful database supplier in the market. This blog is an introduction to Salesforce and its CRM, Multitenant Architecture, etc.
Salesforce development is one such opportunity for your business legacy. Habilelabs is the best salesforce development company providing widely salesforce development solutions for a long time.
Basic Salesforce Introduction
Salesforce is the worlds’ first and most popular CRM system headquartered in San Francisco. It was founded in March 1999 by former Oracle executive Marc Benioff and Parker Harris. Low cost, Low-risk Cloud-based solution software service to buy Multitenant Architecture.
What is CRM?
C-R-M stands for Customer Relationship Management. At its simplest definition, a CRM system allows businesses to manage business relationships and the data and information associated with them.
Salesforce.com’s customer relationship management (CRM) service is broken down into several broad categories: Commerce Cloud, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Data Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud (including Chatter), Analytics Cloud, App Cloud, and IoT with over 100,000 customers.
- Contact Manager Edition
- Group Edition
- Developer Edition
- Personal Edition
- Professional Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- Unlimited Edition
- Performance Edition
- Database.com Edition
Application Building Blocks
Salesforce Data Model (Objects)
- Sales Objects—includes accounts, contacts, opportunities, leads, campaigns, and other related objects
- Task and Event Objects—includes tasks and events and their related objects
- Support Objects—includes cases and solutions and their related objects
- A document, Note, and Attachment Objects—includes documents, notes, and attachments and their related objects.
- User and Profile Objects— includes users, profiles, and roles
- Record Type Objects— includes record types and business processes and their related objects
URL & ID generation of records
Whenever you are going to see any record details, the URL something:-
This is a record unique ID, for a particular org
It will be 15 or 18 digits (starting 3 characters represent the Object)
- Lookup Relationships
- Loosely coupled
- Child field value may be optional
- No cascade delete
- Independent ownership & sharing
- Maximum 25 lookup relationships per child
- Can be multiple levels deep
- Master-Detail Relationships
- Tightly Coupled
- Child field value is always required
- Cascade delete
- Inherited ownership & sharing
- Maximum 2 master relationships per detail object.
- If the master is a standard object: 2 additional sub details
- If the master is a custom object: 3 additional sub details
- A self Relationship is a lookup relationship to the same object.
- User Object has a special type of lookup relationship: the hierarchy relationship. For example, a hierarchy relationship allows developers to create a Manager field on the User object to relate another User.
Many to Many Relationships
- We can achieve this type of relationship, by creating a junction object to connect 2 objects.
- A junction object is a Custom object with 2 master-child relationships.
This is the basic introduction of Salesforce and its use in applications, models, relationships, etc. Habilelabs connects the custom solutions with real-time data sources. Contact us if you need anything about Salesforce development.
If you found this post helpful then share it with friends. Ask your queries related to Salesforce in the comment section below.